Pages

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Christmas in July @ the Bug - Sparkle & Shine

It's here, the Christmas in July Celebration at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog.   There will be a new challenge every day, and the celebration runs until Friday, the 21st.  Be sure to check out all the events.

Today's challenge is "Sparkle & Shine", what came to my mind was glistening snow.  So I chose "Snowman Snowflakes" from the Bugaboo Store.



I found a snow flurry image that I thought would be perfect with my snowman.  I cut it out 3 times so it would add a little dimension, but I only cut the snowflakes one time.

To give my card lots of sparkle and shine I brushed "Star Dust" stickles on my background layer (embossed with Cuttlebug "Snow Flurry" folder) and the flurry die cut with an old paint brush.  I had to put my layer under a book to flatten it out after it dried, since Stickles is a wet application, it warped it a little.

Be sure to clean your brush afterwards, Stickles is a glue product.  I picked up a great tip years ago when I painted with acrylic paints.  I bar of Ivory soap works great to clean your craft brushes.

To top it off, I  applied some snow drops with "White Blizzard" Nuvo Glitter Drops.

Challenges:
CHNC Christmas Challenge Extra


Don't forget that it's Christmas in July at Bugaboo Stamps, all images are 50% off this month.

Bugaboo Store

Thanks for stopping by and check the challenge blog  for all of this week's challenges, prizes and inspiration.  Come on back and see what I create with Jodie's wonderful images so you too, can "Catch the Bug".  

Happy Craftin!


4 comments:

  1. Super cute Card Kim! I love the embossed background and the cute snowman image.
    Hugs,
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowman image!!So super sweet!
    Awesome job!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and love all the texture and the swirl die cut on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous embossing!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC Extra!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete