Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2017

It's a Shell-e-bration!

I picked out this cute little mermaid to showcase on Bugaboo's Oldie but Goodie Thursday.  Partly because this was an image I won, during the big Birthday Bash last year, it is "Under the Sea Birthday Set".    You really need to take a look at all the wonderful images at the Bugaboo Stamp Store.

First I created a water background with my Distress Inks and watercolor paper.  The colors used here were Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio.

I cut a shell image from DS, the background of the shell is actually clear vellum, which I colored, by blending my Distress Inks onto it.  It looks like I bought it that way.  The ink blends really well onto the vellum.

The background is a circle image I created in SCAL 4, then uploaded into DS.  I added some sparkle to the bubbles with my Wink of Stella, clear.

I wrote my sentiment with my Explore, the font is Modern Calligraphy - Cigar Box Font.  I had to separate the letters and place them with the flow of the banner.

A few sequins for more bubbles and she was all done.

Thanks for stopping by and check the challenge blog for all of this week's challenges, prizes and inspiration.  Come on back and see what I create with Jodie's wonderful images so you too, can "Catch the Bug".  


Happy Craftin!





1 comment:

  1. The image is adorable and I love the way you layered the die cuts....a really special and creative card. So glad you joined the challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack this week.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT
    http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete