Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

Fish Bowl Card

Hi everyone, today's card features "Under the Sea Birthday Set" by Bugaboo Stamps.

I cut out a cute fish bowl image from Design Space, using the slice and weld features I modified the fish bowl, so I could have an outer rim.

I used my Tim Holtz Distress Inks and markers to create a watercolor background of water and sand.
The fish was attached with foam tape to add dimension.

I created the little bubbles with my Nuvo Crystal drops.  Instead of applying directly to the card, I made the dots on some left over vinyl backing.  Once they are dry, they pop right off and then I glued them in place.  I don't always get the drops the right size, so this way I can do a few and then select the ones I want.  The rest I put in a little container for future projects.

Challenges:
Catch the Bug - Stella Says Sketch Challenge #508
Simon Says - Splash it On
Crafting Circle - Bugaboo Crafty Challenge

Supplies:
CTMH Card Stock and designer paper
Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Nuvo Crystal Drops - White Blizzard
Sentiment : CTMH #D1629 (Artfully Sent Collection)

Have a great day and see you next time.

Happy Craftin!

4 comments:

  1. What a darling card, the party fish is so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Kim. Love the little fishbowl you've created for the Bugaboo fish! Thanks for sharing with Stella Says Sketch at Catch the Bug this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great fish bowl, fun idea for this image and sketch! Thanks for playing along at Catch the Bug, good luck! Pia, Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining our Stella Says Sketch Challenge over on the Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog with this gorgeous creation!- good luck in the draw. Please join us again soon.
    Love
    Jen L
    Bugaboo Dt

    ReplyDelete