Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I heart Sketches #168

Just a quick post to get this card into the weekly challenge at "From the Heart Stamps".  The image and sentiment are from the stamp set  "Some Bunny", by Simon Says Stamps.

This particular stamp set does not have a coordinating die cut set, so I scanned the stamped image and created a die cut in Scal 4 using the shadow feature.  Now I can cut out the image and then stamp, no more fussy cutting.

The background was created using a curved card edge as a template and Distress inks.  I blended the ink with a blending tool, then spritzed with a little water so I could lift a little color.  Then I mixed the yellow distress ink with water and splattered it.  I used my trusty little Exacto knife to slice openings along the wave edge, then weaved by my other piece of card stock through it.

I find Distress Inks to be pretty true to the color shown on the packaging.  I added a little sparkle with sequins and that was it.  

I am loving finding new ways to create backgrounds with my Distress Inks.

Supplies:
Distress Inks in Pickled Raspberry, Wild Honey, Salty Ocean, and Twisted Citron
Card Stock - Paper Studios by Hobby Lobby
Clear sequins (White Mix) - A Cherry on Top

Challenge:
I "Heart" Sketches #168 
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - Anything Goes - must include a die cut
Delightful Challenge #20 - Anything Goes - must include stamp image

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!



3 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at FCCB, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! How clever to scan then cut! Thanks for joining us at FCCB challenge this week!
    ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh your card is so sweet! Thank you for joining us at FCCB! Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete