Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Curved Edge Cards

I have been admiring all the curved layered cards in Pinterest.  I started browsing the dies and decided I didn't want the rigidness of dies, I wanted to be able to change the sizes and looks, depending on the card.  So I created my own, here is my first attempt at cutting out my files.  These layers have little scallop edges, which cut out fine with my Cricut Explore.


I made my files using Sure Cuts A Lot 4 (SCAL4) and the "Object on Path" feature.  The images below are the open scallop, which I then broke apart and welded to make a closed scallop.  I am working on other designs I will be showing later as I make cards.  The beauty of this file is, I can make it any size I want.  What I don't get is great piercing or stitch lines.



I tried several ways and couldn't make anything cut or score to resemble those dies you purchase.  Other than that, I am very pleased.  I am going to cut out a plain layer in chipboard so I can use my rolling stitch tool to give the impression of piercing.

On this card I found the perfect image in Design Space to show off the curve lines.   I cut out 2 layers in black card stock and 1 layer in black glitter card stock. This allows the image to pop on the front of the card without those tiny pop dots.

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - the color of love
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - Valentine's Day

Supplies:

Card Stock:  Recollections
Black Glitter Card Stock - Cricut
Ribbon - Michael's
Enamel Dots - Michael's
Diamond Embossing Folder - CTMH


Till next time,

Happy Craftin!




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Such a pretty design! Love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! You did such a great job with your curved layers! Thanks for joining us at FCCB Challenge this week! Happy Valentine's Day!
    ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love these scallops what a great idea! I'm going to steal it ya' know. :0) Thanks for sharing your great talent with us at Fantabulous Cricut! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful, I love the layered borders! Thank you for joining us at FCCB! Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous curves to highlight the elegant Love diecut! Great color choices and textures! Thanks for sharing this with us at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Love the scalloped edge you created! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete