Pages

Friday, August 5, 2016

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #459

Here is my card for the challenge this week.  I wanted to try out Anna's Toner paint to see how it would work.




First I cut out the top layer of this image and applied a thick layer of the toner paint.


I carefully cut the leaves off the flower so I could use a different color foil.

Then I ran the pieces through my Minc to apply the foil.

After I applied the foil,  I realized, I had painted the textured side of the card stock.  There are tiny little spots the foil didn't adhere to, because of the texture.

Anna's toner paint does a great job, I was really impressed.   I don't know if she sells it separately, I got mine when I ordered Anna's Minc bundle from HSN.

Next I would love to see a stamp pad with toner ink.  I tried the sticky embossing powder, but I couldn't seem to get that to work at all.

I stamped my sentiment in pigment ink and added embossing powder to it to darken the color so it would pop.

Supplies:

KaiserCraft:  Cottage Rose
CTMH pigment ink pad - Pixie
Recollections clear embossing powder
Recollections pale green pearls ($1 bin)
American Craft paper

Challenges:

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #459
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Celebrate

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This was such an interesting post to read! I enjoyed hearing about your toner paint experience and what happened with the textured paper. Thanks for doing all of the experiment work that we get to benefit from! As for your card, I think it turned out beautifully! The metallic rose is really stunning and gives this card such an elegant feel. I like how the flower theme is reflected in your background paper, too. Thank you so much for sharing your project with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete