Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

I {heart} sketches with a twist #151

This weeks twist was a hand written sentiment, which I did not do.  I used a stamp that looked handwritten, but I knew if I tried to write it, it would end up in the garbage.

My Mom, called and asked me to make her a card for a friend who recently lost everything in a fire.  It was devastating to this family, they lost everything but their lives and the clothes on their backs.  We are not sure if it was a blessing or not that they were not home, because they did loose the family pet.  Of course our hearts and prayers go out to this family in their hour of need.

She asked for something simple, so I pulled out one of my FTHstamps and decided to use this opportunity to enter the weekly sketch challenge also, #151.


I did take a little creative license on this stamp "Every Flower" and sliced the image a bit to create just two flowers.  I added the bee from the current free image, "Bee Happy Birdbrain".  If you haven't ever tried out one of their digital stamps, stop by their site and pick it up, they have adorable images.  You will get hooked just like I did. With everyone coloring in Adult Coloring books, I decided to purchase digital stamps for my coloring.  Now these images can be added to my cards.

The paper is from "Life is Good" by Echo Park.  These are actually page kits, I personally don't use the stickers, but I am saving them for my niece and grand daughter when they start scrapbooking.

My niece actually asked me one time if I had to go to college to learn how to make my cards and paper crafts. I chuckled and told her no, anybody can do it if they just try.

Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I hope everything goes ok for your mum's friends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - love the papers and great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining the challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps this week!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coloring! Thanks for joining the challenge at From the Heart Stamps this week!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Great card! Thank you for joining us at FTHS!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete