Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Masculine Birthday

Hi Everyone,

I was inspired by the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #129.  I thought this sketch would make a great birthday card.

I have a few little details to tell you about.  I embossed my back layer with "Dots" embossing folder and then distressing it to bring out the white core of the paper.  


Then I added clear embossing powder to the small stars.   As you can see in the photo, it brings out the design of the paper and creates a nice shiny embellishment.  The main colors here are,  CTMH Exclusive Card Stock Outdoor Denim and Ruby.  The patterned paper is from the Paper Pack, ProPlayer, which is now retired.


The sentiment is from "Joyful Birthday" stamp set #B1419, this was stamped in Outdoor Denim and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

This will be my last challenge entry for a couple of weeks, I have to get to work on my holiday projects.  Lots of presents and cards to make.

I will be sure to show you some of the great projects as I get them finished.

Be sure to check out the October promotions and make your holiday purchases at KimSalito.ctmh.com.

Till next time

Happy Craftin!






5 comments:

  1. Love it! Great card and it is masculine looking but feels like it could be for anyone....thanks for playing along at Atlantic hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I like the squares of the B&T against the dots embossing of the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! The paper is perfect for a masculine card and I love the embossing on the stars! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Linda N
    DT member AHSC
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of proplayer, I have some of that laying around, might have to dig it out! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on a masculine card (which can be so hard to make!). Love how you used the embossing folder! Fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Jess - DT

    ReplyDelete