Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fleur Di Lis Inspired Card

Hi Everyone,

I have another card depicting our cities favorite colors black and gold.  This card was inspired by the Atlantic Hearts Challenge #124.  I am happy to say that I was selected as one of the top three for last weeks challenge with my Halloween treat box.  It really pays to think out the box.

I found a fleur di lis border in Design Space and did a little slicing on it.  I am sorry to say I had machine issues and lost the file before I will edit this post if I ever come across it again.

Here are the supplies used.

Gold Metallic (Anna Griffith Metallic Layers)
Black Shimmer trim 1" - Hobby Lobby
White Daisy Card stock - CTMH
Black Card Stock - CTMH
Memento Black Ink
 #D1560 Holiday Tags - CTMH stamp set

 I have a Design space file for the stamp images located on my Design Space files page.    You need the Artist Cricut Collection to use this file.  If you don't have it no problem, you can get it here.  (Let me know if link doesn't work, since the update some of my links won't open the file.)

Let me tell you why you want to own Close to My Heart cartridges.  The images are very versatile, and there are about 700 images on each cartridge.  And they sell loads of stamps that coordinate with the images, thats always a plus.  Think about what is included in the collections.  A pack of the assorted card stock (different assortment with each cartridge - new in this Idea Book) which is a $14.50 value, 3 "D" size stamp sets that are exclusive to the collection, each valued at $17.95,  and of course the cartridge and the instruction booklet.  That is $68.35 just for the added items, so that means the cartridge costs $30.65.  That is what we pay for a lot of our licensed cartridges.  So considering everything it is a great value.  I have all of the cartridges and fell in love with them the day I bought them.  I wish I had purchased them from the start, I would have saved tons of money on so many cartridges just for one or two images. 

The Artistry cartridge is also available as digital for $79, that makes it an even greater value.  I for one prefer digital now that I have an Explore, less clutter.  The instruction books are available on the Cricut web site to download.  

So I suggest you get a cartridge and try it, I bet you come back for another.  

http://kimsalito.ctmh.com/retail/category.aspx

Be sure to stop by and pick up all of your
supplies to create some amazing holiday projects and gifts.

We also have some great  promotions going on in September.  It's time to "Celebrate Life" with these great new stamps.  Each set is designed to fit a specific type of paper crafting, however, they all coordinate with each other so that you can create dynamic artwork.


Be sure to get the new Stamp of the Month, only $5 with qualifying purchase.



I would love for you to shop with me at KimSalito.ctmh.com.

Till next time

Happy Craftin!






5 comments:

  1. Love the border you have created, the card is very elegant! Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and I love those colors together also... the border is great! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graphic, simple and elegant! Love the color combo and how striking it is ! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    Linda- DT AHSC
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very nice card. I like the color combo. Thanks for playing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, the colours are great makes for a very striking and elegant card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete