Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Birthday Magic with Tinkerbell

Hi Everyone,

I found a new challenge to try this week on Bitten By the Bug 2.  These challenges are about using Cricut cuts.  This week was “Let Your Imagination Run Wild”, and the only rule was to use an imaginary character.

Well, I was in Wal-mart the other day browsing cards.  I do this to get inspiration and try new things.  I found this card, which I thought I could do with my new Minc.


After several tries with vinyl, I have concluded, that using vinyl with your Minc is a hit or miss.  It's not a consistent result, I had it cover really good on some things, others not so much.  Trying to get multiple colors, just didn't work at all, the transfer tape pulled up the foil on the images already transferred. So I discarded that idea and decided, why not just use vinyl?  Colors are limited, but I think the end result came out pretty good.





I have decided that a laser printer is definitely going on my birthday or Christmas wish list.  I love the foil look, but I am limited without a laser printer.

This design has quite a bit of slicing and dicing involved.  I came up with most of these images by slicing the overlay image from the shadow or background image.  Here is a sample of how I did my images.  As you can see, there are several pieces, so transfer tape was necessary to keep it together.



Tinker bell is from the "Tinkerbell" cartridge and cut out of glitter card stock.  I cut her at about 3" H.  The Explore is an amazing machine.  The font for "Sister" is a downloaded font called "Amperzand", you can find it on Dafont.com.

I may be using vinyl in the future on more cards.  It was especially helpful on creating this design.  Just for your information, I took the card that was messed up and ran it through my Cuttlebug, and vinyl on your card stock embossing well.



That’s it for now, check back again to see my next project.

Please stop by and see all the wonderful products offered at Close to My Heart.

There are always great promotions each month.  For September we have a great stamp set for all your crafting needs.  So "Celebrate Life" with these great stamps.  Each set is designed to fit a specific type of paper crafting, however, they all coordinate with each other so that you can create dynamic artwork.


Be sure to get the new Stamp of the Month, only $5 with qualifying purchase.



I would love for you to shop with me at KimSalito.ctmh.com.

Till next time

Happy Craftin!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Your card is so beautiful Kim!! I love it!!!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Let Your Imagination Run Wild Challenge' at BBTB2!!!! :)

L.B. said...

Very pretty and I like it better that the inspiration piece. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2

Caroline said...

The flowers on your card are absolutely beautiful. I love all the pretty colors. It looks like you put so much work into it. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

moknowsall said...

Your Tinkerbell card is so light and pretty. Love the glitter plus the use of vinyl. the design is awesome. Looks so professional. thanks for joining our bbtb2 challenge this week.

maureen
moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

moknowsall said...

Congratulations - your Tinkerbell card won the project of the week at BBTB2!
contact me at mo_sala@pacbell.net to get your blinkie to put on your blog.

Love your card, I have to try this technique.

Maureen
moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com