Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Father's Day Card

What better way to get inspiration for a new project, but a challenge.  Today's card combines two great challenges I found while searching the internet.  

I used this great sketch from Mojo Monday.  I have been trying to make a card each week.

Mojo Monday Challenge 393

I was viewing the cards that had been entered in this challenge  and came across the Color Throwdown Challenge.  

What better way to combine two challenges, a sketch and a color scheme.  This certainly takes a lot of the guess work out of creating a card.  I thought the colors would be great for a Father's Day card, so I am getting a jump on getting my cards done.
Color Throwdown #337

I had a printed piece of card stock that is double sided and covered all the colors in ctd337, except the Kraft color.  For this color I used my pre-cut kraft cards.  I created the shapes in Design Space and started cutting.

My colors are a little brighter than the color scheme provided, so I decided to add some embossing and ink to tone them down.   I used Tim Holtz Distressing ink in Antique around the edges and lightly over the raised embossed area.  Each shape was embossed with a different pattern.  I combined chevron, dots and stripes.  

I added to small brads and my sentiment.  This card took me less than an hour.  It takes a lot less time when you have a sketch and color scheme in mind.

I highly recommend using challenges to help you try new things.

Till next time

Happy Craftin!





1 comment:

  1. Great card! Love all the texture. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete