Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

How to Construct a Belly Box

Did you purchase a belly box from your favorite SVG seller and sitting there wondering how to put it together?  If you are like me, I need a little picture to help me visualize the process.  Here are a few pictures that can give you a little visual.  There are tons of videos I'm sure that walk you through the complete process, but if you are in a hurry and just need a picture, then here it is.

The belly box in the pictures below are from MyScrapChick.com, the file is Trio of Bunnies .  Be sure to register with their site, they run sales all the time, plus will send a Freebie Friday file each week.

After making a few here are a few tips to make it easier.

First tip:  Do all your shading and piecing before you construct the box.

Second tip:  Add your little extras, like eye lashes, mouth, etc.

It isn't totally necessary, but sure makes it a lot easier.  I ran my pieces through my Xyron, I wanted to make sure the stayed put.

Third tip:  Be sure to make all the folds before you start putting it together.  If you have put boxes together before than this is something you have a habit of doing.  Novices may not realize this is an important step.

The pictures below show how all the pieces are folded.   

Fourth tip:  The body piece should be applied to the inside of the bottom piece.  You will get a more finished look.  Be sure you get it centered right or it may be a little difficult to fold up the sides.




Attach your box flaps inside the body and feet. as shown in this picture.  I used my ATG tape runner, but glue would be fine, I just don't have a lot of luck with glue staying.

Here they are, all completed.  Aren't they adorable?  They really aren't  difficult at all.  The hardest and most time consuming  part was the shading of all the pieces.  Shading isn't necessary, but it sure makes a difference in the final project.



I hope this quick tutorial helps.  

DON'T FORGET, GET YOUR FREE STAMP

From now until March 13, 2015 at 11:59 PM CST, you can get this free stamp with any size purchase.

Who doesn't need a good Birthday stamp?  This stamp allows several different ways to add birthday sentiments to your cards, gift boxes/bags or scrapbook pages.  
Joyful Birthday #B1419

How can you get it?


2) That's it! I will send it out to you separately! Do NOT add it to your cart.

This special is only through me, not Close to My Heart. Valid from now until Friday, March 13, 2015,  at 11:59 pm CST.

This stamp is valued at $9.95.

Go to my shopping site HERE today and place your order to get the FREE stamp!

Please provide me with your address via email.  I will be sending out the stamps by the end of the month.  I will send you an email when your stamp is shipped.

And as always, there are additional Close to My Heart specials that you can also get along with the FREE stamp set above!  

With a qualifying $50 purchase you can get the Stamp of the Month.

March 2015 Stamp of the Month

This stamp is only available until March 31, 2015 11:59 CST.  Be sure to get yours while you can.

Thank you for dropping by.  I don't request donations to support my site or crafting addiction.  All I ask is you take a few minutes to look at the wonderful Close to My Heart products available on my website.  Any purchase you wish to make would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Craftin!
Kim (Proud MiMi)
CTMH Independent Consultant


No comments:

Post a Comment