Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Bride Dress Shaped Card Cricut Explore

Hi everyone,

Here is the 3rd card from my wedding designs, the Bridal Dress card.  I saw this card on Pinterest, there were no files out there that I could find.  I wanted to cut with my Explore so I created my own.

If you have access to the Disney cartridge, here is the file I created, feel free to use it.

https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/25244765

I originally made this card with white card stock I purchased from a local hobby store and I was not happy with it, it was a bit flimsy.   I recommend a heavier card stock,  I prefer Close to my Heart, white daisy or colonial white card stock for all of my cards. Your cards will feel and look more professional, and it cuts like butter in your Cricut Explore.  Humidity here is terrible, so sometimes cutting white paper can be a problem.

If you would like to purchase some of this card stock, visit my website KimSalito.ctmh.com or follow the link below.

Supplies:

Colonial White Card stock
Creme Metallic Cardstock (Anna Griffith)
Stickles in Star Dust
Ribbon 1/4"
Flower embellishment (purchased or made)
Brayer
Embossing folder

This card will fit in an A2 (4.25x5.5") size envelope.

Emboss your dress layer using your favorite embossing folder, I used  Anna Griffith's Lovely Impressions "Embroidered Hearts".

The photo doesn't show it, but I added sparkle with Stickles.    Just get out a scrap sheet of paper and squeeze your Stickles on the paper,  roll your brayer in it and lightly roll it over the dress.  Don't machete too heavy, it will cause the card to buckle.

Once it is dry, add your embellishments and attach it to the front of the card.

The sentiment on the card is from  "The Happy Couple" stamp set #D5139, and I used Exclusive Ink Stamp pad from CTMH in Gypsy.

 If you enjoy my work, take a few minutes to look at the great products offered by Close to My Heart.  Any purchase you make will help me support my crafting addiction.

Till next time

Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment