Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Mr & Mrs card with Anna Griffith Lovely Impressions

Here is the second card from my Wedding designs.  The Mr & Mrs card.  



Supplies used:

White daisy card stock (CTMH)
Tsukineko Brilliant Dew Drops ink pads
Lovely Impressions Embossing set by Anna Griffith
White ribbon 1/4
Pearls
Silver glitter card stock

This card measures 5x6.5".

I created the open scallop layer in Design space using the Scallop Rectangle Design Label #M466B0  image from Elegant Edges cartridge.  I tried to size the image to 4.75x6.25, but it was distorting some of the scallops.  I had to re-make the image by using the slice and weld feature to get a more proportioned image in the correct size.  To avoid this,  cut the card out at a size that will work with the original image.

I originally cut the scallop layer from white card stock, but after looking at the card I decided I wanted the scallop layer silver, so I inked up the exposed area with the Brilliance ink in Silver.  

The heart was cut and embossed using the die and embossing folder from Lovely Impressions.  I lightly rubbed the raised area with Platinum brilliance ink, and then the edges in silver.  

The Mr&Mrs image #M3AE1D from  Close to my Heart - Artiste cartridge, is cut at 2.25" in silver glitter paper.

The heart is applied to the card with foam tape for dimension.  A little ribbon, a little bling and your done.

Here is the file I created for this card.  If you don't own the Artiste cartridge you will not be able to use it.  These images are only available for purchase through Close to My Heart.   I added an alternative heart image from the Artiste cartridge if you don't have the Lovely Impressions set, just emboss it with your favorite embossing folder.


I don't ask for payment or support for any work I share.  Just take a few moments to look at Close to My Heart products on my website Kimsalito.ctmh.com.  Any purchase you make would truly be appreciated and will help support my crafting blog.  

The White Daisy card stock is absolutely my favorite card stock for making cards.  It cuts great with all Cricut machines.  It's $9.50 for 24 sheets, that's only $.40 per sheet.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Craftin!
  
















No comments:

Post a Comment