Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Chalk It Up Scrapbook Layout

Hi there!

Here is an adorable Scrapbook layout I created using the Close to my Heart Chalk It Up papers.  It’s perfect for scrapping school events and pictures, and it would be perfect for making something for your child’s teacher.


CHALK IT UP

I got my inspiration from the Scrappy Friends Challenge.  You can enter each individual challenge or make one project that covers all three, which is what I did.  The rules are pretty straight forward and allow for your own interpretation.  Check them out and see how others have been inspired.

There are three separate challenges are as follows:

1.  The layout sketch is from GrandDiva’s Creative Corner October Sketch Challenge. This is a great layout, that emphasizes 1 photo.  I thought it would be perfect for that school year picture. 

2.  An October Tic Tac Toe challenge from, Through the Eye's of Rochelle. I went with the diagonal row, Paper clip, orange, and glitter.  It’s hard to see in the photo, but my black strip is Black Shimmer Trim, from Close to My Heart.  The Chalk It Up papers includes the color Sorbet, which is a shade of Orange, and my paper clip is from an old set Laughing Lola.

3.  And last but not least, the Scrappy Word Challenge, from Creating With Paper and More.  As you can see I chose the word sweet, which definitely describes this beautiful little face, oh to be young again and so enthusiastic about learning.

This is a fairly simple layout, once you figure out how to cut the sun rays.


I didn't photograph how I did this, but am in the process of doing another layout, following this sketch.  I'll take pictures of how I cut the rays and add a post later, so check back if you need a visual.

I stamped my the Sorbet layer behind the picture with my In The Background #D1540 stamp from Close to My Heart.  I used the Exclusive Ink Stamp Pad in Sorbet

The banner under the picture was from SVG Cuts, box card "Let's Celebrate". I cut two banners.  One one I added text and used the slice feature to cut it out.  I cut the ends off of this banner and  to  layered it on top of the other piece.

wrote the school name with my Explore, using a black metallic gel pen, and then I filled it in by hand.   I used an adjustable pen holder I purchased from Chomas Creations.  I love mine, it really has made using my gel pens easy and instead of spending money on new pens I didn't need I purchased this adapter for the ones I had.  It's worth the money if you already have a large stash of pens. I'm getting the marker holder next.

The think grow learn was cut from the CTMH Artbooking Cartridge.  This cartridge has a lot of great images.  My sister will add the journaling later.

Be sure to check out my website, kimsalito.ctmh.com, if you are interested in any of the products used in this layout.  Plus, we have 8 other perfectly coordinated packs for your scrapbooking needs.

If you order this month you can get the following deals.  

Plus, with your $50 order you can also purchase the Stamp of the Month for $5.  


Both of these items are valued at $24.95, and you get them both for only $5.  That's a $19.95 savings.  The SOTM is also sold for $17.95 during this month, but the ribbon is exclusive for this month's campaign and not for sale.

I hope you enjoyed this layout and please stop by or better yet follow my blog for more inspiration.  I don’t mind when you copy my designs, after all that is what this blog is all about and I certainly get my inspiration from other bloggers.

Till next time.

Happy Craftin!












2 comments:

  1. Great layout and wonderful job combining all three challenges! Thank you for playing along with the Scrappy Friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layout! Love those colors you chose and papers! Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends this month! :)

    ReplyDelete