Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Confetti Wishes - Color Dare #109

Let’s Celebrate!

"UPDATE"  The results are in, I came in 1st place for this great Party in a Box Card.  WooHoo!


I wanted to enter more challenges, and I found a great one from my participation in the CTMH Obsessed Scrapper blog hop.  One of the ladies that participated is a guest designer for the Color My Heart Color Dare.  I decided I would do a project for these dares, if only to push my imagination into using new colors.

This is Color Dare #109, the colors are Canary, Thistle, Pacific, Pear, Crystal Blue, and Lagoon.   
(picture)


This color scheme is a perfect fit for our paper pack “Confetti Wishes”. (LINK)  I confess, I cheated a little by using the paper pack, but I think it added a lot of color and made my card look like the celebration it was created for.  Plus I am trying to see how many projects I can get out of one pack of paper.




I started with the Party Box SVG file I purchased from SVGcuts .  This is one of the cards in their Summer Box Card file.  



The card is cut with Canary card stock, the outside panels are Lagoon, which I used from the Paper pack “Free to be Me” (no longer available).  They have a shiny texture to them, which yu can’t see in the picture.   I cut out the panel flaps out of one of the BT Duos papers from Confetti Wishes.  I used one side for the top of the flap and flipped it over to use the other side and on the bottom of the flap.

I wanted festive balloons so I made them all different.  Some are from both sides of the BT Duos paper in Confetti Wishes and some are stamped. I used “Bodacious Banner Stamp” set to add the a polk-a-dot pattern to the balloons, which I stamped in Lagoon and Pear.  I also stamped the cake with the same banner stamp in Pear, Lagoon and Thistle.  I used my Cuttlebug to cut a scalloped square, trimmed off the edges to make the tiny scalloped icing on the cake layers, and of course used yellow Stickles for some bling.  

I added a candle to the cake, which I got from Creative Memories, "Stork Arrival".  I cut it at 1” H, this cartridge is not part of the subscription.   I stamped the candle with one of my “Washi tape” stamps I got as a previous hostess gift, added yellow Stickles to the flame.  I think it made the cake more like a birthday cake, it seemed so plain without it.

I wrote the sentiment using a system font, since I don’t have a stamp with this sentiment.  I also added the little sentiments from the edge piece on one of the papers in the “Confetti Wishes” paper.  The Happy Birthday was fussy cut from the BT Duos paper also.

I am really pleased how it came out overall, I think it is truly festive and can’t wait to give it to that lucky person.

September is a great month to purchase some new stamps.

September is National Stamping Month, and Close To My Heart is ready to celebrate all month long! When you spend $30 on any current retail-priced stamps during the month of September, you qualify to receive the exclusive C-sized stamp set #30yearsofhappy for FREE! 


#30yearsofhappy

Spend an additional $20 and purchase the Stamp of the Month D-size stamp set, for just $5 — that’s over 70% off retail! 

When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.





Till next time.

Happy Craftin!

Kim S.

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Fantastic, fun and festive box card, Kim! I love all the colorful details you put into this. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Color My Heart Color Dare--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza!! I love these box cards, but yours goes above and beyond with all the fabulous elements you added. Thanks for linking you inspiring project up to Color My Heart. We hope you will come back often to share your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a party in a box. LOVE IT! Thanks for joining the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun filled box card!! So much fun and so much detail. Thank you for playing along this week with Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a card box of fun and surprises! You layered the patterned papers perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Cow, that's awesome! What a special card for someone special! I would love to see it closed up. Thanks for joining us this week at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what a great box card! It is a true explosion of color! :)

    ReplyDelete