Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Boots & Bling - Color Dare #111

I created a 2 page layout for my niece's new Cowgirl obsession.  She went to a rodeo and now she wants everything cowboy. 

I used the colors in this weeks Color My Heart challenge, 


Color Dare #111 - Cranberry, Sorbet, Olive, Lagoon, & Pacifica

I found this challenge a little more difficult than the last one I did, mostly because there is not one paper pack that includes all these colors.

I decided to use one of last year's paper packs, Jubilee.  The colors are similar and it has that western feel.  The papers reminded me of bandannas.  




All of the images are from the "Old West" cartridge.  I used Soiree Olivia Fancy (Boots) and a system font (bling).  The Cowgirl title was stamped using the Circus Alphabet, it was a Stamp of the Month in July 2014.

I colored Cowgirl with my Close to My Heart markers, in Sorbet and Lagoon,  and I also added color to my Clear Sparkle Gems.   I now only buy clear or white embellishments, I use my alcohol markers to add color to match all my projects.  The new ShinHan Touch Twin markers are a great addition to your craft room.  I did use the "Sap Green" marker to add dimension to my cactus.  

When I add the pictures, one of the small squares will be used for journaling.  If we don't have enough pictures, which is unlikely with my niece, I'll add a pair of blinded out boots.  

Try creating something with this color scheme, I would love to see pictures of how everyone incorporates all these colors.  

Don't forget the new Close to My Heart cartridge "Artfully Sent" is available.  It has tons of cards on it and you can get it here!

It's time to stock up on your Christmas paper, we have two packs to choose from.  Yuletide Carol, which is great for those snow and winter scrapbook layouts and Snowhaven for those Christmas cards and layouts.




Till next time.

Happy Craftin!

3 comments:

  1. Love your layout! Of course, I would! I love everything about boots, horses, and country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Lots of great details to go with the Jubilee papers. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! Jubilee definitely fits with the western theme. Thank you for playing along with Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete