Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

CTMH Scaredy Cat and Artbooking Halloween Projects


Halloween Tissue Box and Post-it-Note Easel.


This past week was all about Halloween, previously I posted a Halloween scrapbook page layout, now I am working on a few home decor projects.


I cut the tissue box and note pad easel on my Explore.  Both of these files were shared by Narelle Darley through her Facebook group “Cricut Lovers to Design Space”.  If you would like these files you are welcome to join the Facebook group, the files are free to all members.  We would love to have you in our numbers, It’s a great way to share ideas and get great help and tips.  She provides instructions on her blog  “The Non-Crafty Crafter.  Take a few moments and check it out.  

I used Scaredy Cat paper from Close to My Heart color theme for my inspiration.  The Thistle color in this pack, which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, is a pinkish purple.  The new Halloween look adds purple and greens to the traditional orange an black.  I used the Thistle from Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Pack, it has a shiny side and actually gave the project a little something extra.  I also had a pack of paper I picked up from Tuesday Morning for $1.99, that matches the Thistle color perfectly.   

Get your Scaredy Cat Paper Here!


Paper Fundamentals Whimsy

The majority of the images I used were located on the Artbooking Cartridge.  I am providing information on the images below. This cartridge is licensed so it is not part of the image subscription, you can purchase it here.


























If you have a Cricut Explore and the Artbooking Cartridge here is a link to my Design Space file.               https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/19811931

The file only includes the embellishment images.  

Here are the instructions for the images if you don't have Design Space.

Haunted House - Use the Hide Contour feature to remove the cuts for the windows and doors for your bottom layer.  Or you could just use little scraps behind the windows to get the same affect.

Fence - Weld two images together and then size it at .75” H, one image doesn’t fit across the front of the house.

The rest of the cuts are just one of each image,
Bat in black,
spider web in black glitter ( I added glitter) 
the small moon in Buttercup,  I used my Sunset Inkpad from Close to My Heart to stipple a little shadow on the moon. 

If you want to hide the white core, either stipple the edges with ink from an ink pad or run a alcohol or permanent marker around the edge.  I used Shinhanart markers in Peony Purple on the Thistle card stock and Marigold on the Sunset card stock. 

Be sure to check out the new Stamp of the Month Set for September, only $5 with a $50 purchase.

September SOTM
September is National Stamping Month, and Close To My Heart is ready to celebrate all month long! When you spend $30 on any
current retail-priced stamps during the month of September*, you qualify to receive the exclusive C-sized stamp set #30yearsofhappy for FREE (a $13.95 USD/$15.25 CAD value)! The exclusive stamp set features 30 mini images and sentiments perfectly suited for 30 days of happy stamping! Plus, make sure you check out Close To My Heart’s Facebook page and Instagram during September to follow all the ways we’re celebrating #30yearsofhappy for a full 30 days!

Check back to see the new campaign or go to the Promotions Tab starting September 1st to see the stamp set up close.  The best part, this $30 will also go towards your $50 for the SOTM.

I would love to hear from you, please post a comment and if you have any specific questions I would gladly provide the answers if I have them.  If not, I will certainly try to find it for you.

Till next time,
Happy Craftin'
Kim (Mimi's Craft Room)

1 comment:

  1. Those note holders are adorable! Love the Halloween theme! Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete