Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Quick Elegant Wedding Card using Cricut Explore

This card is a great example of the write and cut feature with the Cricut Explore.


It only took me about 30 minutes to put together.  It turned out really well, my new Cricut Explore cuts amazingly.  I also love the writing feature, I know the Expression 2 does this as well, but I have never tried it.

The card itself is 4.75 inches square,  that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  It is a pack of 12 note cards and envelopes by Paper Studio.

Here is a list of the cartridges and images I used. The number following the image is the image number in Design Space.  I added this, hoping in the future we are allowed to search on this number.  Right now you have to search on the type of image or particular cartridge.

Cricut Artbooking - Scalloped square #M40F7A cut at 4.25 inches.  Any scalloped square will do, even one from a Spellbinders die.  That’s  all I ever used for my scallops until I got my Explore, as you can see, perfect scallops.

Quilted Ornaments - Heart #M44DC7 cut at 3.75 inches.  I only cut the top decorative layer.  

Sweethearts Cartridge - Mr & Mrs #M4154D cut at 2 inches. I cut two Mr&Mrs to give it more thickness so I could attach it with foam tape.  I cut the shadow layer and selected to write the top layer.  I used the silver pen that came with my machine.   

The silver layer is a square cut at 4.5”, no cartridge needed for this cut.

I embossed the white scallop square with the Anna Griffith Poppy embossing folder, just to add a little more elegance to the card.  After cutting out the heart I had all these little flourish pieces that I hated to waste.  They cut so beautifully, I decided to add a little extra to the card. 

I dressed it up with a few pearls and it was finished.  Simple and elegant. I hope you like it.

Don’t forget to pick up your STOM this month.   


Only 5$ with a $50 purchase.  The outlined images coordinate with images found on the Artiste cartridge. 

Receive over $400 worth of product* for only $99!

Join Close To My Heart as an Independent Consultant April 1–30, 2014, and receive your favorite “art-full” Close To My Heart Cricut® collection FREE! Our New Consultant Kit is just $99 and comes packed with nearly triple the retail value in products and supplies to help you succeed. Plus, when you qualify for the Straight To The Top program, you will be refunded the price of your New Consultant Kit. Select your FREE Cricut® collection—retail priced at $99—when you order your New Consultant Kit and watch your new business soar!

Stay tuned for some great happenings in May.

Till next time.

Happy Craftin’


2 comments:

  1. Wow such a lovely wedding cards! This card design are superb and very eye-catching .Getting married is not a daily affair so choosing the right wedding cards is extremely significant. In my future wedding I will definitely follow your wedding card designs style. Thanks for sharing with us such a nice blog. Keep Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! I really like this blog.
    Thanks for giving this information…
    Wedding card designs

    ReplyDelete