Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Quick and Simple Easter Gift Bag

Super Simple Easter Gift Bag with your Cricut 


Easter baskets and buckets can start adding up for the kids if everyone gives them one.  So I decided instead of buying something I would start giving my gifts in a gift bag that I created myself.

I designed this gift bag in Design Space and cut it out with my new Cricut Explore.  I used the small bag canvas to design my project, this bag measures 5.5x8.5 inches. The scallops are perfect.  You can make this with any Cricut machine, all the images were from the Easter 2010 cartridge.  I currently have a subscription in Design space so I have access to a lot of images.  I loved this chocolate rabbit because it had a bite out of the ear.

I used an Easter Spring paper pad I had purchased some time ago.  The chocolate rabbit (M401F4 in DS) is cut at approximately 5.5" high and then embossed with the feather embossing folder in my Cuttlebug.  Embossing the rabbit gave it a more realistic look.  Instead of using the bow that was part of the image, I added a ribbon bow instead.

There was a lot of white showing through, so I used brown chalk to color over the white spots.  I also glued a tiny piece of white behind the rabbits open eye, it gave it the look of the candy eye you see on chocolate rabbits.

The egg (M403F9 in DS) was cut at approximately 6.5" high and I used a coordinating color chalk to shade around both pieces.  

Now just center it and attach it to your bag, and it is done, very simple and quick.  It took less than 30 minutes.  

I haven't had time yet, but I will add a bow and egg shaped card to finish it off. 

Till next time.

Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment