Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Quick and easy card for your favorite golfer!



It is always hard to come up with a card for the men in your life.  Here's a great birthday card for that someone who loves to golf.  It could even be great for Father's Day.

This isn't totally my inspiration but I thought I would share my instructions on how I put it together.  I'm hoping it will save you lots of time by already knowing all the measurements.

I am still a novice at making cards, actually in paper crafting altogether.  I just started dabbling with scrap booking and card making about 2 years ago.  So if you are like me, it helps to have a little guidance.  Once you get started inspiration hits you, and you add those special little touches that makes it yours.

So here are the cuts and details I used to make this card.  I started with a store bought note card measuring 6 ½ x 5 inches. I prefer pre-cut note cards because they are a little heavier than regular card stock, more like the cards you purchase.  

The maroon (for the lack of actually knowing what color this is) layer is cut at 4 ½ x 6 ½ inches.  I rounded off the corners with my corner punch and then embossed it with the Cuttlebug Fabric Swatches folder.  I received a set of these folder with the purchase of my Cuttlebug.  

The tan (or kraft) layer is 3 x 4 ½ inches and the sky blue layer is 4 ¼ x 2 ¾.  I usually make my layers about ¼ inches smaller. I used a textured paper I purchased in bulk from Tuesday Morning.  I paid $5 for a pack of about 25-30 sheets of Bazzill paper in various colors.  

The green grass is a strip cut at 1 x 4 ¼ inches.  I used the scissors to cut a little fringe and then fluffed it with my fingers to look like grass.  The cuts are about ½ inch; they don’t need to be perfect just close together. 

The golf ball is about 1 5/8 inches.  I used a Spellbinders Circle die to cut the circle; my circle punches were all too large. The birthday sentiment is the Perfect Fit Birthday Occasions  stamp set from Close to My Heart (CTMH).   Always stamp your sentiment before embossing.  I embossed it with a Paper Studio dots folder I purchased from Hobby Lobby, this month you can get a similar embossing folder for free, see the February promotion below.  The tee I cut from a picture I got off the internet because I didn’t have a cartridge that had a tee on it.  I have 27 cartridges and no tee.

I layered all the small pieces and wrapped it twice with a black & silver twine I had left over from the Laughing Lola Card Making kit.   Then added a black fleur di lis brad for a little bling and because of our beloved New Orleans Saints.

That’s it; the hardest part is always finding the right colors.  I hope this makes it easier for you to just whip this card together.  I have stacks of paper, but never seem to have just the right color.  I really need to quit buying, but when you see something you like you have to get it.

February is almost over, don't forget to take advantage of this month's promotions.


View Pages
Just a reminder, it's time to get a new CTMH Spring/Summer Idea Book.  It is a how-to book with easy-to-follow patterns.  Celebrate and record your life's little moments with style.  Create gorgeous pages  and greeting cards from pre-packaged kits, o design your own with the coordinated paper and embellishments

Take a moment and look through the book.  There are some beautiful paper packs this year.

Be sure to get a copy with your next order.

Add a touch of texture and flair to every card stock project you create—gorgeous and easy!  Pick from our 5 new folder designs—dot, chevron, quatrefoil, damask, or stripe—when you make a qualifying purchase. 
 Get yours now!
You are eligible to receive your choice of a new embossing folder FREE (a savings of $8.95!) for every 2 packs of bulk single color or combo card- stock you purchase. This offer is only valid while supplies last, so make sure to get your order in early!
(*Offer valid February 1–28, 2014. Paper Fundamentals, Colonial White, White Daisy, and kraft card stock packs do not count toward the qualifying purchase. No tax will be charged on the free item(s).  Embossing folder size fits most standard embossing machine; sold separately.)


It's so easy just add two qualifying packs of card stock to your cart and you will be prompted to select your free folder.


Place an order for $50 or more and receive the Stamp of the Month (STOM) for only $5. It’s a terrific value, offer is valid until February 28th.




Be sure to look at the new Idea book, the STOM’s are shown through July.

Check back with me each month to see our new promotions.

Happy Craftin!





No comments:

Post a Comment