Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

Fisherman Gus

Today's card is a humorous one.  This manly image is "Gus Fishing".  I split the sentiment into to parts, using a photo editing software and cropping it.


The rest of the sentiment was written inside the card with my Cricut Explore.  I used the Cricut fin tip marker in Blueberry and the DS font "Bicycle for 2", included in the Access subscription.

I created a cloud stencil and blended the clouds with my distress inks (Stormy Sky), and cut out a few little clouds for dimension.

The waves are also a DS image, that I layered, with the boat in-between them. I added a little jumping fish I happened to see in DS too.  The color scheme and pattern paper is from CTMH "Regatta" which is no longer available.  The colors are actually, Sapphire Blue and Glacier.

I did add Happy Father's Day on the inside of the card, but of course you can make it for any occasion.  I think this would be a great image for a man retiring, who plans on spending time fishing.

Challenges:
Catch the Bug - Stella Says Sketch #510
Crafty Bugaboo Challenge #5

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!


2 comments:

  1. Love your project! Thanks so much for playing along with SSS Challenge at Catch the Bug! Looking forward to working with you for a couple months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card. Great coloring and layout. My favorite guy Gus. So glad you shared over at Catch the bug.

    Billie A
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete