Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Peek-A-Boo It's Two

Hi everyone, it's not often anyone needs a card for twins, but I did this week.  I searched for images for twins and couldn't find anything I really liked.

So while I was at  Wal-Mart I thought I would browse their card selection.  This was the only card for twins.  So I thought, I can make that.

First I had to search the internet for mechanical sliding cards and used the instructions to create my card in Design Space.  I may not have made it correctly, but it seems to work ok.  It's basically they same as any slide card, except there is a piece of paper behind the slot that you attach your images to. When you pull the tab, they move.

All the images I used are available in DS, but the carriage is not an ACCESS image, it's from the Paper Dolls cartridge.  The baby faces are from "Baby Steps", I just removed all the details and used my Baby Faces stamps from Peachy Keen.  I cut my babies with white paper and colored the with my Prismacolor pencils, you just can't get a good flesh tone card stock.  Here is a screen shot of the file and all the images, I just love how the new DS 3 displays our files.  This is almost identical to the IPAD app.

The stroller, I used the write feature and instead of cutting the slices the image showed I wrote them with a dark blue pen.  Them I used my pencils and colored for a little dimensions.  I also, used the slice feature to create tires, this image was only 1 layer so it didn't have any details.

Now for the cute part, I forgot to cut a little piece out of my top layer, but it still works.  See the little ribbon on the right?  You just pull this out and here it is, Ta Dah!


I used the write feature  for my Peek-A-Boo sentiment and the PTC with "times TWO", which I should have made a little darker.

It's pretty thick, fun foam is beneath the background layer, then I used foam dots for the babies on the sliding piece, and doubled up the foam dots on the carriage.  The dots are Nuvo crystal in Apple Green.

It took me all day, but it was well worth it.  

Challenge:


Supplies:

Designer Paper - MFT Plaid Patterns
Card Stock - AC, Cricut and Paper Studios
Nuvo Crystal Drops in Apple Green and Silver (tire hub cap)
Cricut Pen in Blueberry
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Prismacolor Pencils


Till next time,

Happy Craftin!



1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful and cute card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete