Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Hey Chickie!

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by.   Todays card was created using the sketch from Mojo Monday.



This cute little chick and the wording is part of the "Some Bunny" stamp set from Simon Says.  I just love the designer papers from Echo Park,  Easter Celebrations.  A lot of the reverse sides are usable all year, they are flowered and prints that aren't only for easter.  

I love this color combo, and the cute little chicks on the paper were perfect for my chick image.

I created a die cut from the stamp in SCAL 4 and then stamped with my Misti.  I save the negative piece of card stock from cutting my image.  Then I stamp my image on a piece of scrap paper, now I can lay my negative piece over the stamped image, be sure to secure your scrap paper with a little repositional tape so it doesn't move.

Then I place my cut image in the negative space and stamp, perfect every time.  You can do the same thing with the dies and stamp sets that coordinate.  Search on Misti, you can see lots of videos in action doing this.  Prior to owning a Misti, I hardly ever stamped anything, I couldn't get it straight or an even stamp.  Now no problem, other that forgetting to clean my stamp.

I colored the image with my Prismacolors, I always forget to use the correct paper for my alcohol markers.

Challenges:

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!




4 comments:

  1. I love this! You perfectly matched all your patterned paper and ribbon (something I have a hard time doing.) Your little chickie is so cute! I just got a misti too! Like you I rarely used my great stamps because I couldn't get it even or it was crooked. It's nice to use my wonderful stamps. Thanks for sharing your talent at Fantabulous Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Love your paper choices! Thank you for joining us at FCCB! Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Chickie card, its so cute.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete