Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

Where's your happy place?

This bright and cheery card reminds me of my favorite things, summer and the beach.

The image is "Sun, Waves, & Flip Flops" by From the Heart Stamps.  It's a free image so be sure to get yours. I created a die cut in SCAL 4 to import into Design Space so I don't have to fussy cut.

Using a little water, a paint brush and my Tim Holtz distress inks I created my splattered background.  I did this on regular card stock, since I am not saturating the paper, there is no need to use water color paper.

The sentiment is from the "Happy, Happy, Happy" stamp and coordinating die set by Lawn Fawn.

Supplies:

Heavy Duty Card stock - Paper studios
Tim Holtz distress inks - twisted citron, pickled raspberry, mermaid lagoon, and blak soot.
Clear embossing powder
Prismacolor pencils
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Apple green. Ripened Pumpkin, and Carnation Pink

Challenges:

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous summery card, Kim ! As i saw this Sketch i thought about this image too - great choice.

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors, this is so springy and happy looking! Wonderfully artsy and cute at the same time! Thanks for joining our 3rd birthday party at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the splatters behind the flip flops! Thanks so much for joining us at FTHS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a double twist - hope to see you again next time! Don’t forget that we have a monthly progressive challenge too!

    ReplyDelete