Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Red, White & Blue Gift Bag

It's almost the 4th of July already, summer is flying by.  It is scorching outside, so the only thing I can do is stay inside in the AC.  I have been trying to finish my grand daughter's patriotic dress for the 4th.  I got so caught up in coloring digital stamps, I put it off, now I am in a crunch.

I decided to do something a little different with this weeks sketch at Mojo Monday.  I have a few gift bags in my stash so I made a cute bag to pack my little gift in.  I used these chevron images at christmas time to decorate some gift tags and really loved the look, so I thought they would be perfect for my bag.


The chevron strips are actually cut from an adhesive backed red glitter card stock I found at Tuesday Morning.   The image is free image in Design Space (#M439A4), just use the hide contour feature to remove the heart.

The stars cut out is a back ground image from CTMH Artbooking cartridge,  layered with a piece of white glitter card stock.

The sentiment"Three cheers to the Red, White and Blue" is from Verve Stamps - it's a free digital stamp provided by this week's Mojo Monday Challenge - 3 Cheers Digi Set by Julee Tillman.  It's available thru June 30th, so be sure to stop by and pick it up.

I am really happy with the end result,  and it's the perfect gift bag for my grand daughters dress.   

Challenges:
MojoMonday #453 - sketch
Catch the Bug Challenge Blog - anything but a card 
Fantabulous Cricut  Challenge me Monday- theme patriotism
Simon Says Add some Shimmer (Wednesday Challenge)

Supplies:
Adhesive backed red glitter paper
White glitter card stock - Recollections
Navy Blue Card Stock - Recollections
Blue and silver sequins - CTMH Magical Collection
Stars & Bars ribbon - Hobby Lobby

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,

Happy Crafting!






4 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Love your bag!! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use the card sketch on your gift bag!! Looks awesome :) Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....great bag, Kim! I love the different patterns you incorporated and of course you can't go wrong with red, white and blue! Thank you for joining our "Patriotism" challenge at FCCB!

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs
    FCCB Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win at Fantabulous Cricut. Great bag for our patriotism challenge.

    ReplyDelete