Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Blooming Birthday Card

I wish I had a stamp that said Happy Blooming' Birthday.  I could have used my Cricut to write it, but I just thought of it while I am writing this post, maybe next time.


I have seen this technique on a few challenge blogs lately, so I thought I would give it a try.  You layer the stamped image, leaving some of it uncolored.  I decided to color all of mine in, but still layered the flowers.  You could fussy cut them, but this image allowed me to create a shadow background in  SCAL 4.  The image I used was "Every Flower" , a digital stamp available at "From the Heart Stamps".  I uploaded this image into Design Space and used the print and cut feature, so my flowers would already be cut out.  Not all stamps work with this technique, but I have had it work on quite a few.  I added three complete flower images on my background layer, being sure they would line up with the flower images.  I used PTC on my background layer also.  

I covered the flowers on the background with the blue layer, then placed colored flower images on top with pop dots.  

Here is a screen shot of what I did so you can see it, I don't think I explained it very well.


I stamped my image and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I added a little Wink of Stella on the petals and some Stickles in orange on the flower centers and yellow rhinestones for my sparkle. 

Challenges:

I {heart} sketches with a twist #157 - Sketch and make it sparkle

Supplies:
Prismacolor Blending Pencils
Yellow and white card stock - Recollections
Stickles
Wink of Stella - clear
"Happy Birthday" sentiment from CTMH #D1502 Look Who's Occasions

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and great interpretation of this week´s Sketch @ From the Heart Stamps. Thanks for joining us !

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are perfect for the circles in this sketch! A sweet birthday card! Thanks for joining us at FTHS for Sketch #157.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete