Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

From the Heart Weekly Sketch #150

Today I am sharing a card inspired by the I {heart} Sketches with a twist #150 over at From the Heart Stamps.  I am using one of their new stamps "Hamlet PigWit Cold Suds".  This is an adorable stamp that is perfect for the men in your life, or any beer drinker.  I think this would also work really well if you have a St. Patrick's Day card to make.





For the twist, I added studs in place of buttons, bows just seemed to girly.  I embossed my solid pieces and then added a little distressing with a file cube, just to add a little rustic look to it.  You don't need to purchase a fancy distressing tool, use those emory boards or files you have laying around the house.  Just remember you have to use white core card stock to be able to distress your paper, solid core won't give you any results.



Supplies I used:
CTMH Card stock in Sapphire and Desert Sand
Designer Paper "Getaway" by Echo Park
CTMH Exclusive ink in Sapphire
Embossing Folder - Lifetime Crafts (purchased at Tuesday Morning)
Cricut Card stock
CTMH Durable Studs in Antique Gold
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Xyron Adhesive Runner (HSN)
Prismacolor Blendable Pencils

2 comments:

  1. Kim, this is a fantastic guy card! I love the papers you choses and the studs are the perfect masculine embellie! Thanks for joining us this week at From the Heart Stamps i {heart} sketches with a tWist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi - thank you so much for joining us at From The Heart Stamps this week for our sketch challenge. Really love the piggie and the masculine colors.

    ReplyDelete