Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

From the Heart - Monthly Stamp Challenge

This month at From the Heart the monthly stamp challenge is "Hamlet PigWit in the Planter".  This adorable stamp can be used for quite a few occasions, plus you get some great sentiments to go with it.    Those sentiments can be used in Design Space to PTC on your own labels, no stamps or ink needed.  I also used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, FMS#235.  This sketch was perfect to showcase this stamp set.


Because of all the flowers, I thought this needed to be a girly card.



This stamp looks challenging, but with the use of chalk and pencils it was much easier than I thought it would be.  I watched a few videos about using my chalks and blending pen to color with.  I love the soft look of the chalks.  Using chalk on the background is easier to control and gives your stamped images a little depth. I sprayed it with a fixative after I was finished so there wouldn't be any smudging.  

I think it came out really cute,  I wanted the image to be the focal point of the card so I chose very subtle colors and kept the background to a very simple print.  And for once in a long time, I thought bling would be too much.  

Supplies used:

CTMH Exclusive inks - Black
CTMH Stamp - #D1475 Card Chatter - Birthday Occasions
Inkadinkado Chalks - Soft Tones (Hobby Lobby)
Pebbles Chalks - Brights (Hobby Lobby or Amazon)
Krylon Workable Fixatif
Prismacolor Blendable Pencils


Hope you enjoyed it.

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!


7 comments:

  1. Cute card Mimi! Love your colors. I like using chalk also. I have a non smear chalk that you can erase. I can't find it anymore so I am careful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! I love that little pig in a basket!!! Great colouring! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the wonderful soft look the chalks give. Wonderful design! Thanks for joining us this week at From the Heart Stamps SOTM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this little guy is adorable peeking out of the basket of flowers! Beautifully colored! So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MiMi - wow - this is another great card and so soft and lovely. Thanks for using the Stamp of the Month by From The Heart Stamps. Always great to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spotted your card in the FTHS gallery. Love your soft colouring. I have never used chalks but it looks like something I might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete