Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

From the Heart Sketch with a Twist #149

It's getting close to the end of the school year and time to show appreciation to the teachers.  After all, they have one of the most important jobs out there.  It takes a very special person to shape and mold young minds.  

So for all the teachers out there, a huge "THANKS", you have one of the most thankless jobs there is.  I don't have a youngster anymore, but I have grand kids and I know how hard a teachers job is, I for one could never do it.  Dealing with one child at a time is difficult enough, but a classroom full. 

Any way, here is my entry for the #FTHS149, Sketch with a Twist.  I chose the sentiment from the Stamp of the Month "A Time to Bloom".  I used PTC on my Cricut Explore and made the die cut image look similar to a chalkboard.  I smudged it with a little chalk too, just to make it look chalky.


The paper used is CTMH Chalk it Up, the solid colors are Lagoon and Flaxen.  I used my craft stapler to add Thick Twine and added a few little embellishments.  Every card looks better with a little bling.

I will have to send this card home with my grand daughter to give to her teacher.  Hope you like it.

Till next time

Happy Craftin!

5 comments:

  1. Kim, I love the reason for making your card. All the elements support this so well, the paper, the "chalkboard". Beautifully designed. Thank so much for joining us this week at FtHS i {heart} sketches with a tWist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Kim ! Great paper choice and i like all the little extras. Don´t Forget to enter this Card in the FREE Stamp of the Month April Challenge too.

    Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 149 @ From the Heart Stamps.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely use of the From The Heart Sketch 149 this week. Teachers always appreciate their hard work and I"m sure your granddaughter's teacher will be thrilled. Hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the Stamp of the Month too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you entered SOTM too! You'll get the darling May image!

    ReplyDelete