Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year - Let's Organize

It's a new year and we all have some new resolutions.  First, of course, the old tradition, exercise and eat right, I'll see how long that lasts.

If you are like me you could probably use a little organization of all those projects you want to make or have already made.  Probably, a list of all those little supplies you have that you have tucked away.  I know there are items I have that I forgot all about.

So this year I am determined to organize my crafting.   First off, I purchased the new CTMH Planner.  This way I can get my birthdays, anniversaries and so on in one calendar.  I am so tired of the million emails about birthdays.  I wanted to be able to open a page see what is happening the next month and making those cards 1 to 2 months in advance.  Not to mention, having my husband coordinate his events with mine. 

A really good resolution, is to do one card challenge a week.  This helps provide a little inspiration for the upcoming events.  I do the MojoMonday a lot and Freshly Made Sketches.  Both of these challenges offer sketches for your cards, they don't require any particular brands, and you are free to choose whatever colors you like.  They both have given me some great inspiration.

Another tool I am beginning to work with is Evernote.  It is free for the basic function and can be downloaded to your computer if you don't want everything synced on the internet.  It is a data base driven program that allows you to keep all kinds of things in one place; pictures, web links, your notes, instructions, or anything you want to keep track of.  Just do a search on Evernote for some videos and instructions.  Once you begin it really is very simple. 

A word of advice, if you have tons of stamps, you may want to download to your computer, or you will need to pay $2.99 a month for more data storage.  

I decided to download and make a computer based notebook.  I didn't want to end up with a useless notebook when it was full.  I don't make money on my crafts so it would just be an added expense. I figured I could keep it backed up on a usb or something.  

In Evernote you create a notebook (s) that you can keep all you pictures, material lists, notes, instructions, etc. for your want to do list, or projects you already made and may want to make again.

As an example, I am always looking to create a quick little box, I browse through all the boxes on Design Space and can never find the correct size.  So I found this quick and easy way on the web called Making Boxes with the 1/16" rule.  I have found several websites with instructions so I can't really tell you who came up with idea originally, but here is a link to a video and pdf I used by Catherine Pooler.

I created a couple of notebooks,  a wish list, to keep pictures and links to projects I would like to make.  Why not Pinterest and bookmarks?  Well, after awhile you get so many pins and bookmarks you can't find anything.  With Evernote I can tag my projects with key words for easy search and look at the picture.  Now I can tag all my Christmas presents for next year with all the instructions and material list.

Something else Evernote allows, is Web Clip, when you see something on the web you can clip it to your Web based notebook and then create tags and notes, so you know why you kept it.

So as the year goes on, I will be working with these tools and let you know how it works for me.  I am not always a great organizer of notes and such, but I have spent a lot of time researching the same thing over and over because I can't seem to find where I kept it.  Be it Pinterest, bookmarks, or just in my handwritten notebook.

If you are interested in the CTMH Planner, be sure to get yours here!  And while you are shopping check out our new Seasonal Expressions Vol 1. idea book.  There are lots of gorgeous new papers and products in there.  We now have die cuts to go with some of your stamps and the Workshops have been re-engineered.

January is National Papercrafting Month, and to celebrate this we have an exclusive Picture My Life Live your Day scrapbooking program.  This collections will coordinate perfectly with the new Every Day Life planner pages and My Crush Everyday Life pages. 
You can now seamlessly integrate scrapbooking into your 2016 planner.  


Get yours today, before this offer is gone!   

Be sure to get this great Stamp of the Month set just in time for Valentine's Day.



You can view the Annual Inspirations Idea Book Here!

Check out my gallery on Pinterest here!

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!





No comments:

Post a Comment