Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Six cupcake gift box - Oct

Hi Everyone!

Here is something I created with my Cricut Explore.  This machine comes in handy for so many things.  I was transporting 24 cupcakes to a family gathering.  I came up with the idea of cutting some inserts to put in the box so my cupcakes didn't move around.  As far as I know the largest cupcake box inserts only hold 4 cupcakes, and with the measurement of the box I figured I could make one for six out of a 12x12 sheet of paper.

I opened a cupcake box image, measured my box and got to work.  Here is what I ended up with.



Since I had the inserts I thought why not design a box for them.  I make cupcakes for my friends when we meet for lunch.  There are only 4-6 of us, so I wanted a way to carry 6 cupcakes at a time.

After several tries, I think I created a file that works well and will hold up.  I don't have any 24" card stock so I had to make a design in pieces.   Here is my finished box, it measures 6.5Wx9.75Lx2.75D.  

I had to create panels, to add to each end.  You can see in the pictures below how they are constructed.

Here is what my file looks like.  I made different types of end panels.  The end panels A are used with your corner trims, and End Panel B, will fold around your corners.  All of the images were created from Free images available in Design Space.


To construct, cut out the bottom and fold all four sides,  the short flap on the ends will be on the outside, and the two flaps on each side will be on the inside.  You will then cover this end with the end panel of your choice, either A or B, my box shows using A.

Then cut out your end panels and corners of your choice.  I purposely made these about 1/4" taller than the box sides.  This is to allow for the icing that is piped on your cupcakes.  If you don't have the icing this tall, you can trim down to match the sides.

Attach the corners of your choice.  Cut out the top and assemble, the notched flaps go to the inside.

If you choose to add an overlay, use one I have in the file or make one yourself.  The oval cut out is about 3.75" (W) x 6.5" (H).  There is a free oval available you can resize and slice as desired.

I am offering this file to all of my CTMH customers, place any size order with me this month and I will share this file with you.  This offer ends October 31, 2015.  All of the images were free, so no subscription or particular cartridge is required.  This file was created in Cricut Design Space and will only work with a Cricut Explore.  If you have any other machine, I would be happy to share my dimensions with you so that you can create your own file, also with any size purchase through October 31, 2015.  Be sure to include your email during the order process, I will be able to send you your file.  If you don't here from me, use the contact form here and send me another message.

So be sure to shop with me, to get your free file.

During the month of October we have a great Stamp of the Month just in time for those Christmas projects.  The cutouts coordinate with the Artiste Collection.



Now is the time to start thinking about your Christmas projects.  All of our Christmas paper is available in the Holiday Expressions Idea Book.  This catalog is valid until December 31, 2015.

If you act quickly, you can still receive the Nevermore paper in time to do those last minute Halloween projects.



Our holiday paper this year is White Pines (see image below). The coordinating colorizer  Chocolate, Cranberry and a brand new color Fern, colonial white and champagne.  The coordinating embellishments are our Red enamel dots, Green Shimmer Trim, and Fern Thick twine, just to name a few.



There is also a Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking Kit Item #G1098, the kit includes the White Pines Paper Pack, Red Enamel Gems, and the coordinating Assortments and an exclusive stamp set only available with this kit,  all for $29.95.  If you are not interested in scrapbooking there is also a Cardmaking kit #G1099 available. I includes am exclusive stamp, embellishments, envelopes, and cards to make 15 cards.

If you are interested in becoming  Close to My Heart Independent consultant, this is the month to do it.  You receive the new consultant kit and as an added bonus, an over the shoulder bag, large enough for layouts.



So hurry and get yours, these offers are valid 1-31 October, 2015. 

I would love for you to shop with me at KimSalito.ctmh.com.

Till next time,
Happy Craftin!














No comments:

Post a Comment