Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Recipe Scrapbook Page 2

Hi everyone,

My second page was a recipe I cut out of a magazine, oh about 25 years ago.  It is the one thing my son asks for every year at the holidays.  He is the ultimate cheese lover and at the time I had no idea he would love this Cheeseball so much.  I wanted to add it to my Recipe Book so that he will always have this recipe.

The recipe is Hidden Valley Cheese Ball.  I have searched the internet for this recipe and there isn't one like it, not even on the Hidden Valley website.  I guess they just retired it.

I used a few images available in Design Space, and of course I created a few of my own.  My little Ranch dressing packet was created of course by welding and slicing.  I also used the write feature for some of the small writing.  I was really happy how it came out.




Here is the recipe if you are interested.  I use my Cuisinart food processor for the mixing and shredding, so it makes it an extremely easy recipe.


HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH CHEESE BALL

1/2 cup prepared double strength Ranch Dressing*
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese at room temperature
    (freshly shredded for best results)
6 oz cream cheese, room temperature for 1 hour
5 oz sliced almonds, toasted (or garnish of choice)

Mix the double strength dressing and cream cheese in food processor
or with hand mixer, until well blended.  Add cheddar cheese and blend.
Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.  Remove from freezer and roll into 
a ball or shape of choice.  

Roll in toasted almonds or garnish of choice.  Serve with crackers.


*Make day ahead if possible; or let set at least 2 hours

1 package Ranch Dressing mix, 
1/2 cup Mayo
1/2 cup milk.  
Mix according to package directions.

I am really enjoying putting this Recipe book together.  I am in the process of compiling and recreating some of the family recipes to add to it.  Unfortunately, a lot of the recipes don't have measurement, so have to make them and start measuring things until I get them right.   I hope one day this book will be appreciated by my grandkids.

Stay tuned for the next page.  I think I will add my favorite cupcake recipe.  It's not mine, but I got it from the Cake Mix Doctor, she has some of the best cake recipes out there.  I won't be sharing the recipe since it isn't mine to share, but if it is available on the internet I will link to it.

Don't forget our September promotions.  These 3 stamp sets celebrate life and each set is designed to fit a specific type of paper crafting.  However, they all coordinate with each other so that you can create dynamic artwork.



Be sure to get the new Stamp of the Month, only $5 with qualifying purchase.





And view our new Annual Inspirations  and Holiday Expression idea books.






I would love for you to shop with me at KimSalito.ctmh.com.

Till next time

Happy Craftin!







No comments:

Post a Comment