Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

Masculine Birthday Wishes


Hi Everyone,

I guess by now you see I like black and gold.  It is a very popular seller, especially for giving to men.  I am trying to build up my supply of masculine birthday cards.  It’s easy to make children’s and women, but men can be difficult.  

This card was inspired by the Atantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #126.  As always, my card measures 4.25x5.5.  Check it out, I made the top 3 again, for last  week's sketch with my double hearts wedding card.  Challenges really do help you become a little more creative.  Everyone should participate in at least one challenge a week.


I was fortunate to purchase quite a few gold metallic sheets this past week from Michaels.  They had their best sell yet for card stock, 7 for a $1.00.  I stocked up on all the solid colors,  this card stock cuts really well in my Explore.

Here are the supplies I used.

Gold metallic card stock, Recollections
Black Card Stock (81/2x11 Heavy Duty) Hobby Lobby
3/8” black Grosgrain ribbon (Wal-Mart)
Brass brads (Hobby Lobby)
CTMH Stamp set #D1667 - Balloon Wishes

REMINDER!!!


Times running out to take advantage of the great  promotions going on in September.  It's time to "Celebrate Life" with these great new stamps.  Each set is designed to fit a specific type of paper crafting, however, they all coordinate with each other so that you can create dynamic artwork.


Be sure to get the new Stamp of the Month, only $5 with qualifying purchase.



I would love for you to shop with me at KimSalito.ctmh.com.

Till next time

Happy Craftin!







7 comments:

  1. Great card, I love the colors and beautiful design. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...I cracked up when I read your post "men can be difficult" but I sympathize with you...I tend to avoid masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Black and Gold combo and using the embossing folder on the background was an excellent idea for this sketch! Just Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty those colors are together and sharp... love the embossed background. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, why is it that masculine cards are so challenging? They are for me. Now onto this card. I love the colour scheme, it is classic and great for men. The embossing adds a bit of visual interest but does not overpower anything, great job! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely color combo! Masculine cards are a challenge and this one is great! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Linda N
    DT member AHSC
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gold and black together, so elegant! Thanks for playing along at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete