Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Easy Elegant Card for any Occasion

Hi everyone,

Here is a great little card to make for just about any occasion.




This isn't my design, I saw this card on Pinterest and thought that it was such a lovely card that could be used for any type occasion.  Panel cards aren't new, they are used all sorts of ways.   I liked it so much, I created a cut file in Design Space so I could keep going back to it, and cut 5 or 6 at a time.  

This card is great for using up a lot of the scraps you have around.  You can make it any size you like, but I'm providing measurements for a 4.25x5.5" card.

The card base is 8.5x5.5”’, folded in half to make a 4.25x5.5” card.  This will fit any A2 size envelope.

The background layer is 4x5.25”.  The panels are sized as indicated in the sketch below.


I found it easier to do any stamping before constructing the card, but of course, if you are just making for your stash you could stamp as the occasion comes up.

Emboss your panels as desired.  I used two different embossing folders to add depth and texture when using all the same color on the panels. 

I always use glue when creating cards like this.  It just gives you more time togged the placement just right.  My favorites are Scotch Quick Dry or Tombow Mono glue (green bottle).  If you find the glue warps the card a little, place it under something flat for a little while, it will straighten right up. 

Attach the focal with a pop dot or foam tape.   Here are a few other takes on the same card.


My  Design Space cut file is on my Design Space Files page, if you would like to use it.  The layers and panels are all free images, but the focal images are from various cartridges.  I left them in the file,  so you can purchase them if you like or delete them.

For those of you still using the Expression machine, here are the images I used, but feel free to use any image you like.

Flower Tag, #M414B7, Paper Lace Cartridge (sliced off the circular tab on top)
Flourish, #M471E0, Sophisticated cartridge (search on Fleur Di Lis)
Flourish, #M4451A, Stretch Your Imagination cartridge

Most of the products used are from Close to My Heart.  Please take the time and look at our great products.

http://kimsalito.ctmh.com/retail/category.aspx


Times running out to take advantage of the great  promotions going on in September.  It's time to "Celebrate Life" with these great new stamps.  Each set is designed to fit a specific type of paper crafting, however, they all coordinate with each other so that you can create dynamic artwork.


Be sure to get the new Stamp of the Month, only $5 with qualifying purchase.



I would love for you to shop with me at KimSalito.ctmh.com.

Till next time

Happy Craftin!




No comments:

Post a Comment