Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Simply Elegant Monogrammed Tissue Box Cover

I love having tissue box covers that I can toss when I am tired of looking at them. Thanks to the talented and generous fellow crafter Narelle Darley, they are so easy to make.  She has the file available for Design a Space and Cricut Craft Room.


This time I made them for gifts. I made all the cuts in Design Space.  I layered a quatrefoil background (Theresa Collins - Basics) cover the 1st layer. I created a square frame using the slice feature on 2 squares.  I then welded this square to the background image to give it a nice edge all the way around.

 I thought I had a better picture, you can't see it, but I changed the tissue hole on the cover.  I am showing a snapshot of my file so you can see what I mean.


All you have to do is insert an square image and size it at 4.25" or 4", depending on the number of layers. Here I used a label image found on the CTMH Philosophy cartridge.

Place your cut out on your square, and center it with the new align feature.  Then all you have to do is slice.  Wallah! Done.  Just make sure the cut out is smaller than the oval on the cover.  I made my cut out on the top the same as the label I used on the sides. I think it gave it some continuity.

This box is so easy to put together, and only takes about 3 sheets of card stock.  Just be sure to check out Narelle's instructions. Then you won't be placing the layers incorrectly like I did.  There are also videos by numerous folks out there, some have used the same file or an svg.

I recommend adhering the top to the box, if you don't, every time you pull a tissue the top may come off.

Supplies used:
Cardstock by CTMH : Colonial white - 3 sheets
                                     Crystal Blue - 1 seet
                                     Desert Sand - 2 sheets
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge
Theresa Collins-Basic (or subscription)

These covers are so easy to make I plan on making some covers for the holidays next.

Till next week,

Happy Craftin

No comments:

Post a Comment