Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Happy 70th Birthday

Hi everyone!

Here is a quick and easy birthday card for those milestone birthdays or if you just want to add the age.  

This design was inspired by a Mojo Monday sketch.  I missed the deadline to enter it in the challenge, but thought it was still worth passing along.  

If you are at a slump at how to create a card, check out the sketches available on the internet.  I have found them to be extremely helpful.  I sometimes create a card that I would not have thought of otherwise.  

I also like to use color challenges, it helps to bring colors together I would not normally use.

There isn't much to explain on this card, it is very simple.  Since it was for a man, I went with manly colors.  I had a few pieces of some card stock from the CTMH Babycakes package in my stash.  It was meant for baby cards and layouts, but since it was simple dots and boyish colors I used it for my color scheme.



I used CTMH card stock in the the following colors:

Cocoa
Buttercup
Sunset

It is hard to tell, but I did add just a hint of bling with the glitter wash tape.  I added some Glossy Accents on my stars to make them shiny, and of course, just a hint of embossing with a Honeycomb embossing folder from CTMH.

If you have trouble coordinating your cards check out the paper packs that are available at CTMH.  There are also coordinating inks, embellishments and ribbon.  If you view the catalog on-line, it tells you all the recommended color combinations that will work with each pack.

Receive a special Stamp of the Month for $5, with a $50 order, a $17.95 value, that's a $12.95 savings.

Here is what is available for August,


Don't forget the new Cricut Collection Artistry.

Please check back now and again to see my next project. 

Until then,

Happy Craftin!









No comments:

Post a Comment