Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Adorable Giraffe card with Cricut Explore

 I saw this adorable card on Pinterest. It was created by a fellow crafter with punches.  One thing I realized I could do with my Cricut Explore is re-create those adorable images without purchasing more punches.  I reserve my funds for things I can't do with my Explore, like embossing and stamping, oh and of course stock piling those beautiful papers.  


I searched Design Space for a giraffe and found this cute little giraffe image on a purchased cartridge, Creative Memories Stork's Delivery.

I didn't take a picture, but on the screen shot below you can see how I made the image for the inside of the card.

With the slice and align features it is so easy to make your own images.  I used the Slice feature to create the neck of the giraffe on the inside of the card.  In this case, I found an image of the St Louis arch, it came up when I did a search on arch.  I duplicated the sliced image and then sliced circles into the top layer.

Don't be afraid to try using these features. You can always delete and start over.  I would suggest making duplicates of all your images as you go along.  Once you save you can't undo some of your changes.  Check out all the great videos available on you tube if you need to see it done.

The font is Disney's Mickey Font.

You are limited with this amazing machine by only your imagination.

Just remember, Imagine It! Create it!  In this case, see it on Pinterest and make your own version.

Till next week,
Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment