Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Sewing projects using your Cricut Explore

It's been awhile since I have posted to my blog. I have been working on a quilt and accessories for my granddaughter's bedroom.  It definitely took longer than I had hoped, but I am finally done.


For those of you wondering about cutting fabric with your Cricut, it works great.  My experience is that a new blade and decent mat will do the trick.  I also recommend keeping your images simple, you will definitely get tearing if your image is too detailed.

I also recommend making your material piece a couple inches larger than your image  and be sure to use Heat'N'Bond.  I place my material on the mat and then adjust the cut mat, so that I have at least an inch all around my design.  I have found if I cut too close to the edge it will sometimes pull my fabric up and make a mess of the cut, especially on curved lines.

I used my Explore for the monogram and details on the owl pillows.  The pillows themselves were cut using a pattern I found on Pinterest from "The Eternal Thread" .

My granddaughter is only 2 1/2 years old, so she wasn't really impressed with the quilt, but she loved her little owl pillows.  She chose to sleep with them instead of her pillow.

I am back in my craft room catching up on projects.  I will be having more to share in the following weeks.  It's time to get started on the holidays.

Till next week

Happy Craftin!






No comments:

Post a Comment