Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Football Wall Art

Hi everyone

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  This week I have a really great project to share.  My brother had this old kitchen cabinet door hanging around his garage.  I wanted to make him an Backyard rules plaque for his patio, his only request, he wanted black and gold for his beloved Saints.

Here is what I came up with.  He is a MAJOR football fan, so I created a Football rules instead of backyard rules.

I painted the inner groove with gold paint I had laying around,  FYI, don't use the acrylic gold paint, it took me 6 coats and it still wasn't a completely even coverage.  Buy the spray paint, spray the groove and once that is dry, use a roller on the other areas.  After applying the vinyl I covered in Outdoor Mod Podge.

It came out so good, he is hanging it inside instead of his patio.  I guess I will be making another one for the patio.

So if you come across some old kitchen cabinet doors, use your imagination.  They really are a great palette to get creative on.

Hope you liked it.  Till next time.


Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment