Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Wedding card with Anna Griffith

I am going to try to keep up with my blog after leaving CTMH.  I may not offer a lot of instructions, because some of my projects really don't need a lot of explanation.  If I do some special manipulation in DS, I will try to offer instructions, if I plan on using over and over I will even share the file.

I made this card using the Challenge on Mojo Monday. for sketch 392.  I think it came out pretty good for a simple design.  Embossing really makes a difference.  This card measures 4.25 x 5.5"




Supplies used:

White card stock
Brier Roses Embossing folder by Anna Griffith
Joliet Lace embossing border by AG
Reflections glitter tape
Silver metallic card stock
Ribbon


The wedding color is Teal, so I added Teal glitter tape.  I placed a piece right on the edge of the card, so it peeked through from behind the scallop piece.  The glitter tape on front is to hide the seam of the two pieces.

I originally cut out the Mr & Mrs, but the letters were too small to fool with so  I decided to write the sentiment out.  I used  a Gelly Roll silver glitter pen,   I glued the cut out & over the written area.  This image was found on the internet and I just uploaded it into Design Space.

I cut my border image and then embossed it.  I find it easier to line up this way.   I cut my scallop circles with my Explore, but Spellbinder or other dies will work just as well.  I was going to use my filigree bow on this, but I was having cutting issues today.  I think it has something to do with the humidity today.

I am really starting to love these designs from Mojo Monday.  They are nice clean designs with out to much fru fru.  

Till next time

Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment