Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hap-Bee Birthday Card Mojo394 & CTD339

Today I am showing you a card I made using two challenges.  The sketch is from the  Mojo Monday Challenge, Sketch 394 and the colors used are from  the Color Throwdown challenge #339.   




To use both these challenges together, you have wait until Wednesday.  Mojo Monday, of course is changed every Monday, but the Color throw down is changed on a Wednesday. 

This weeks colors are  black, white and yellow.  The first thing that came to mind was a bumble bee.  So I designed my card with that in mind.  I used some of the specialty paper I have from Close to my Heart.  The canary yellow has a cute little honeycomb design.  The black has a chevron design.  You can't tell in the picture but I did use my Swiss Dots embossing folder on the bottom piece.   My sentiment was written with my Cricut Explore .  I used a Slick Writer (Medium point) and Fantastic Fonts - DJ Smooth.

I definitely had to put a new blade in to cut those little bees.  But after putting it all together I thought it came out really cute.  I added a little Stickles and bling to finish it off.

I also, created a manly version using the Color Throwdown challenge.  I couldn't resist since the colors are very similar to our team, The New Orleans Saints.  Any of the men I know would appreciate this card.


I used my Close to My Heart Stripped embossing folder and of course the Cuttlebug Fleur di Lis embossing folder.  The sentiment is a stamp from Close to My Heart also.


Hope you enjoyed these cards.  Check out the two challenges, it will definitely help you get that stock  pile of cards needed for emergencies.

If you have any questions, feel free to add them to the comments below.

Till next time.

Happy Craftin!


6 comments:

  1. Two fun cards! Love the black backgrounds espcially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your cards...the first one is adorable with the bees and the second one is so classy and elegant!!! You did an awesome job with this weeks colors!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. What cartridge did you use for the flower and the bee? thanks for the inspiration. Cathy L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your praise. Cathy, the bee is from Kate's ABC's and the flower is the Berber daisy from 3d Floral Home Decor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such delightful cards. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete