Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Filigree Bow with Cricut Explore

I have been seeing filigree bows on Pinterest, but the dies are on the pricey side.  So I took the time to design one myself.  As you can see in the picture below, it came out nice.  It isn't perfect like a die, but I think it works just fine.


I cut this bow at about 3" wide, to see how small it could be cut.  It definitely needs to be cut on the intricate cut setting, with a new blade and sticky mat for this size.  It cuts even better at larger sizes,.  

GET YOUR COPY OF MY FILE FREE.  If you have a machine that can cut SVG's created in Inkscape please see below,  I am sharing this file with all my customers.


I designed this card based on March's sketch challenge from Mojo Monday.  They have some really clean designs that work well with all types of cards.  This is my take on Mojo Monday MOJO390.

I used Close to My Heart papers in Blush and Pear.  The ink is also in the same colors.  The printed paper I created myself with one of Anna Griffith's embossing folders.  I saw this technique on YouTube.  You just ink up the negative side of the folder for the background and then take another ink pad and lightly rub over the raised side after it is bossed to add color.  This allows you to create your own patterns in colors you want.

I  just wanted to let ya'll know about a goal I'm trying to meet that you can help me with.  I've joined Close to My Heart because of my passion for scrapbooking and love of their quality products!  I'm doing a final push to meet my sales goal and every order truly goes a long way in helping!
Please take a moment to visit my website, check out our fabulous products and hopefully you'll find something that will work for you!  Every order truly goes a long way in helping me reach my goal!  kimsalito.ctmh.com

As an added incentive, any order placed on my website by 11:59 cst 31 March 2015 I will share my  filigree bow svg file.  Just drop me an email and I will reply with the attached file.

Thanks so much for your support in the past and sharing my love of crafting.

Mimi







No comments:

Post a Comment