Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wedding cards with your Cricut Explore

I have a wedding coming up in April, so I decided to make a few wedding cards.  I found so many ideas, I got carried away.  I plan on sharing them with family and stock piling for emergencies.



All three are easy to make, and my inspiration as always comes from Pinterest. They have some beautiful cards to get inspiration from.

Let's look at the first card.  Bride & Groom Hearts.

Here are the supplies I used.

White daisy card stock from Close to My Heart (CTMH)
Black card stock
Black ink pad
Stripes embossing folder (CTMH)
Swiss dots embossing folder Cuttlebug
Swirls embossing folder Papercrafting
Clear embossing powder
Versamark stamp pad
Black 1/4" ribbon (Walmart)
Black sparkles (CTMH)
Black bow tie puffy (CTMH)
Black heart gem
Pearls
"Happy Couple" stamp set (CTMH)

Card base cut at 8.5.x5.5", scored at 4.25".

Card layer at 4x5.25", emboss with your Swiss Dots.

I used a layered scallop heart image from my subscription in Design Space, cut at about 2" wide.  I resized the plain heart layer a little larger to have less scallop showing.  Cut two scalloped hearts in black.  Cut 1 black and two white plain hearts.

For the oval, I used an SVG file oval layers, I got from Myscrapchick".  I cut the scallop oval at about 2.5" wide, and the the plain oval about .2" smaller.  The sentiment is stamped with black ink.

Emboss the black heart with the stripe embossing folder, and the two white hearts with the swirls embossing folder.

On the black heart, I lightly went over the stripes to darken them, this gives an impression of pinstripes.  Then I ran the heart back through the Cuttlebug with a piece of card stock sandwiched in the plates to flatten the heart and remove the ridges.

On the white hearts, after embossing with the folder, lightly go over the raised area and then heat emboss with the clear embossing powder.  After it is dry, flatten both hearts out, like you did the black.  Use a pencil and mark the back of one heart to cut the tuxedo shirt layer out.

Layer all your pieces together as you see in the picture, place your pearls, bow tie and black sparkles for buttons.

I used foam tape on the sentiment and bride  heart for dimension.  That's it, super simple and a very impressive card.

Here is the file, feel free to use and please share your version with me.  https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/25257280

I don't ask for payment or support for any work I share.  All I ask is that you take a few minutes to look at the Close to My Heart products.  I would truly appreciate if you see anything that you like, that you please purchase from my website.  Your purchases will help support my crafting blog.

The White Daisy card stock is absolutely my favorite card stock for making cards.  It cuts great with all Cricut machines.  It's $9.50 for 24 sheets, that's only $.40 per sheet.  

Feel free to visit my website kimsalito.ctmh.com.

I will post more instructions for the other cards, as I write them up.

Happy Craftin!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm sorry, my ovals were an SVG file. I removed the svg and added a similar oval image from the cartrdge Baby Steps. If you do not own this cartridge, here is a link to the free scallop ovals from MyScrapChick to use. http://www.myscrapchick.com/product.cfm?product=1042. It's called Scallop Oval Tag Layers if the link doesn's work.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete