Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Perfect Medium Pen in Cricut Explore

Here is a very simple card to make for birthdays or anniversaries.  


I used my Perfect Medium by Ranger to write the sentiment.  I then embossed it with gold embossing powder.  It seems thick because it is a sentiment that would have cut out from the Calligraphy cartridge.  I find cutting these tiny letters tedious.  If you didn't want to emboss you could use gold vinyl, it cuts small lettering much better.

I embossed the oval with a Cuttlebug folder I picked up off the clearance rack somewhere.    Of course you could use an oval you cut out if you don't have this embossing folder.  I was just looking for a way to use this folder.  Added a few little flowers and bling.  

My inspiration was the image below, Image #MA3F4A Dahlia Wall Art,  3D Floral Decor.  

The flowers with this image were too hard to put together at this size, so I just used a simple daisy image from the Flower Shoppe cartridge,




Each flower is 3 layers, and each petal is reduced by about a tenth for dimension.  One flower is a little larger than the other two.  I used the leaf pattern to attach my flowers.  Each flower I rolled a little to fluff it, so it didn't look so flat.

I used Smokey Plum cardstock for the flowers and Olive for the leaves, available from Close to My Heart .  I used a marker to darken the stems for depth.

Super simple and elegant.  I may be using this leaf element for more cards, I thought it came together nicely.

Till next time.

Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment