Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

High Heel Card with Cricut Explore

Hi everyone,

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE my Cricut Explore?  It is amazing what this machine can do. I wanted to make birthday card showcasing a high heel for my sister, she loves her shoes. I couldn't find one in Design Space that I was happy with, so I started searching Pinterest.  I found the perfect shoe.

This shoe was designed by a very talented lady, Tanya Bell.  The template for this shoe and card is on her blog, StampinT.  she offers her template in a PDF file.  It took a little effort on my part to convert it to an SVG, only because I had never converted a PDF file before, but I finally did it.  Her template includes an open toe and closed toe.

The template was missing a base for the image without using the card, I contacted her and she promptly provided what I was looking for.  I can't share the svg file, because it is not mine to share, but if you purchase this template from Tanya and would like the Svg, please have Tanya contact me and I will send her the Svg to share with her template.

There is also a you tube video on making this shoe, which is a bit different, but is another version.

I just used the shoe, and layered it on top of a piece of card stock I embossed with my Quaterfoil folder from CTMH.  My heel image was sized at about about 4".  The pearls I used were purchased from Hobby Lobby, they are the strip of pearls that are all connected, I just colored them with my CTMH Shin Han Twin Touch markers, these are alcohol markers. I also added a strip of glitter wash tape.

The leopard paper and metallic brown (heel) was from Hobby Lobby, the other card stock was from CTMH, Colonial White and  Saddle.

I wrote the sentiment with my Explore using font Soiree Lettering Grace, the happy birthday was from the stamp set,  from CTMH, #D1475 - Card Chatter, Birthday Occasions.

I think I will make a few more of these for the Diva's in my life.

Don't forget in the month of January you can earn extra hostess rewards.  And of course our special celebrating National Scrapbooking Month.
 

January's stamp of the month is great for your Valentine projects.


So take a few minute to look over our products here!

Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment