Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Baby Doll Accessories

Hi Everyone,

I hope you had a nice holiday.  Sorry I have been away awhile, but with the holidays and life I just didn't have time to get to my blog. 

Now that the holidays are over I can get back to my craft room to work on non-Christmas items.  I know Valentine's is around the corner, but my grand daughters birthday comes first.  

So I have been busy at my sewing machine working on a little present for her.  She got a new baby for Christmas and it seems she is a good little Mommy.  So I have been searching the internet and found some really great ideas.

I made her a diaper bag, doll carrier, diapers and a quilt.  

The best part was I had all the material in my stash, all I had to purchase was the buckles for the baby carrier and the ribbon for the straps.   I got  both on sale at Hobby Lobby.  Just to let you know I made two of these carriers and 1 spool of ribbon took care of both.

So if you see this and are interested here are the websites that I got my patterns from.

The diaper bag was fromTwelve Crafts Till Christmas.  She has detailed instructions with pictures.   I modified it a little, but I used her basic pattern.  As you can see I didn't put the pocket on the front, instead I put a monogram.  I used the App Monogram It to create my monogram and then imported into Design Space. 


The color of iron-on glitter looked more noticeable before I ironed it on, oh well, it's just for a baby doll and a 2 year old.  I don't think she will notice.

I added a pocket to the lining, the pattern didn't call for it.  I can't even remember how I managed this.

I added a pocket to the back as an afterthought, it was a little difficult, since the bag was already sewn together.  I embroidered a blanket stitch around the edge to hold the edges in place.  This is because I added a very stiff interfacing, I was trying to get the bag to hold a shape, next time, I wouldn't do this.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised how easy this diaper bag pattern was.  

The baby carrier pattern I found on Ribbon Retreat, she also has detailed instructions and pictures.  I didn't make any modifications, but I did notice her sewing instructions showed that the pieces were cut on a fold, so be sure to cut on fold.  

For the belly band I placed the 14" side on the fold, and for the crotch and shoulder straps the 5" and 6" side.  I also used a 3/8" seam allowance.  Her instructions didn't show what size she used.  After all the pieces were sewn together I edge stitched around everything to make the seams more durable.  I am giving this to a two year old.

For the diapers I found a pattern on One Little Project, she provides you with a PDF pattern.  I used cotton material instead of flannel.  I haven't tried the on the doll yet, but she says it will fit a Baby Alive, which is what my Grand daughter has.  

The quilt was all my own, I had some blocks left over from other quilts, I just cut them in half and sewed them in strips.  I cut a few in different places to stagger the prints.  Put it all together, it is about 20x20".  I hope that works for her baby.

So that has been my project for the last week.  Now I have to finish her Quiet Book.  I have the pages done, I just need to figure out how I want to put them together.

On to my CTMH business.  I apologize that I haven't made any paper projects to show how cute the new Heartstrings paper is.  I have some valentine's projects on the burner. I just love this paper, here is a quick peek.  I can' wait to get to using it, there are already some great projects on Pinterest using this paper.


Of course we have the Stamp of the Month.  It's only $5 with a $50 order.


This stamp is a great addition for your Valentine's Day projects.  

If you were on the fence about hosting a gathering, this is the month to do it.  Remember, you don't have to have the gathering in your home, you can host on on line event.  This will allow you a few weeks to get your customers to buy.  In January as a Hostess you can earn extra rewards.  You can earn up to 50% more rewards during this month, check it out.

January is National Papercrafting Month, and CTMH is celebrating  with this great offer.  We have put together a great little kit, with or without the binder.  Click the link below for more information.

Noted Paper Kit

So if you spend $50 this month you get to great items at $5.00 each.  Don't wait, you will want that Heartstrings paper pack for your Valentine's Day projects.  The paper is also versatile enough to be used on other projects too.

Well, enough for today.  I have to get dinner ready, hope to see you back soon.

Happy Craftin!









No comments:

Post a Comment