Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Artfully Sent Thank You Cards

 Christmas is around the corner and I am sure everyone is working furiously to get those Christmas cards and presents finished.  I know I have.  I am currently working on a Quiet Book project for my Granddaughter.  The good news is I’m making progress, the bad new, I started in September and thought I would be finished by now.

It seems I am always stopping to do a different project.  I  have two Thank  you cards I made awhile back.  

First let me apologize for my photography, I dropped my camera and broke it.  I pulled out an old point and shot, so the pictures are not as nice.

The first card is a combinations of two cards from the Artfully Sent cartridge.  I used the front image as a pattern to slice and cut onto a plain square.  Using the Hide contour feature I removed part of the image to do different colors.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the blue and light green are separate images that are adhered to the top.  I inserted yellow and dark green on some of the other cut out images.

The red was all that I sliced from the front of the card.


This second card I used the inside image to decorate the front of the card.  I re-sized the images slightly and then placed on front.  I embossed the background and stamped the sentiment with Close to My Heart stamp set D1496 , which is part of the Art Philosophy collection.  




I have learned on the Artfully sent cartridge to first set the size at height of 10" if that doesn't get you a 5x7 try the width.  It really depends on how the image is laid out in Design space.  If it isn't meant to be a 5x7 card, try sizing at 5.5" wide or 8.5" high.  This rule will sized most of the folding cards properly.  Of course you can adjust as you want it may distort the image a little.

On to Close to My Heart Business.  We have a lot happening this month.

SEASON EXPRESSIONS 1 IDEA BOOK



It’s finally here, the idea book you’ve been waiting for! Full of unique ideas and bright, detailed photos, this themed seasonal book is sure to delight! From now through March, you can order some of the most charming Valentine’s- and spring-inspired papers, stamps, and embellishments you’ve ever seen. The vivid colors and patterns will give your layouts and cards a fresh look and plenty of pizazz. See the contents for yourself now in Seasonal Expressions 1!  

There are two new paper packets available in this Idea Book.  Plus lots of new items available through March 31, 2014.


DEAL OF THE DECADE!

Celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Close To My Heart’s revolutionary My Acrylix® clear stamps with us! With a qualifying purchase of $50 during the month of December, you are eligible to purchase ANY C- or D-size stamp sets from the Annual Inspirations 2014–2015 idea book for only $10. That’s up to $7.95 USD / $9.75 CAD of savings on a single stamp set—and there is no limit to the number of eligible stamp sets you can purchase at this discounted rate. Remember, a purchase of $50 will also qualify you to receive the December Stamp of the Month for only $5, so if you purchase both the discounted Stamp of the Month and additional stamps at this special campaign pricing, your savings will compound! It is truly the deal of the decade.

And of course our Stamp of the Month (SOTM).



Be sure to add some of these new items to your Christmas wish list.  When Christmas is over we will be looking around the corner to Valentine's Day.

May your holidays be filled with joy and laughter, and the New Year brings you good health and prosperity.

Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment