Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Close to My Heart - Yuletide Carol Christmas Card

WooHoo!  I was selected as a favorite for another challenge I entered.  My Christmas Easel Card  "Warm Winter Wishes"  was picked as a favorite for the October 14th challenge at Stick It Down.  You can see my winning entry here! 


I created this beautiful Christmas card to be showcased on November 11, 2014, Tuesday sketch challenge.

The sketch was perfect for this beautiful Christmas wreath I saw on the Anna Griffith's Winter Wonderland cartridge.

I purchased this cartridge last year, but was hesitant to use it, but not anymore. Since purchasing my Cricut Explore, I will attempt to cut out anything.  I have to say I am very pleased with the final image.


It is very difficult to see the intricate cut of the wreath in the picture, but it was tiny little leaves.  I didn't cut out the holly berries, instead I used red stickles in the places where the berries should be.  

I used the Yuletide Carol paper pack from Close to My Heart on this card.  It creates such an elegant card.  



I started with an 8.5 x 5" sheet of Colonial White card stock, for my card base.  This makes an A2 size card that is  4.25x5.5".

My first layer was the red patterned sheet, cut at 4 x 5.25.  I layered a piece of 3.75 x 4.75 of colonial white card stock on top of this.  I embossed this piece with Anna Griffith's Holly Leaves embossing folder.

The sentiment was stamped with the Artfully Sent stamp set your receive with the cartridge in Cranberry ink.

Don't forget to e-mail me your order number, so you can get your free Chevron flour di lis, offer expires December 3, 2014.

Till then,

Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment