Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Artfully Sent - Thank you cards

Hi everyone,

Here is another addition of my attempts at the Artfully Sent Cartridge.  




Here are two Thank you cards I made, both using Navy colors.  My husband recently had a Navy reunion which corresponded with his 70th birthday.  The guys and their wives were nice enough to surprise him with a cake and card.  He asked if I could create some thank you cards to send them.  Luckily there were only 4 couples, so I was able to make 4 different cards and make them quickly.

I made these two very simple cards found on the Artfully Sent Cartridge.  The swing card is image #MM13155B, sized at 10” wide.  The Thank you card is image #M100B91 sized at 10” High.  Both can be sized differently but is will change the look of the font.

I used a Chevron embossing folder   from Close to My Heart, and a border of anchors from Life is a Beach on the swing card, just to give it a little more.   It always amazes me, how a little embossing makes such a big difference. I applied jute around the oval and added an Anchor brad I had laying around.  Took about 10 minutes, it took more time to add the jute because I had to hold it in place until the glue dried.   I had to do a little at a time, it wanted to keep popping up.

On the Thank You card, I duplicated the card in Design Space, on one I used the contour feature to hide all the parts but the large font wording “THANK YOU”, on the second I removed only this font.  This allowed me to use two colors on the front of the card for the wording.  I thought it just added a little more to it.  I also used Outdoor Denim from the Paper Fundamentals Card Stock pack.  This has a shiny texture embossed on one side and is patterned on the other side, it presents better on simple cards..

Both of these cards are very easy and quick, just add a little embellishing and you can make them so much more. 

Hope you liked my cards.

Stay tuned, I have more coming.

Don’t forget, I am offering my Split Chevron Fleur di Lis file to all my CTMH customers.  All you have to do is place a minimum $25 order with me on my my ez-invite online gathering - “Kim’s Holiday Gathering”,  by Dec 3, 2014.  You will be prompted to join a gathering when you add an item to your cart, just be sure you are attached to the correct gathering at this time.  Please hurry, this offer expires when my gathering ends on December 3, 2014.  

Until then,


Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment